WHAT TO BRING:
- Writing utensil
- Bag lunch or lunch money
Louisiana Driver’s Guides are available for purchase at an additional $20.00 fee
Students 14 and 9 month are allowed to take the classroom portion and then will be scheduled to drive when they turn 15 years old.
Students must complete 30 hours of classroom instruction and 8 hours of behind the wheel training. The behind the wheel training is scheduled once the 30 hour classroom instruction has been completed.
We enhance our course with videos that compliment many segments of our course. These videos show real life situations and how they can affect your everyday life. Students will be taught about the following:
- All about signs and why are they so important. Traffic laws for Safety – Right of way laws, Speed laws, Traffic Signals and Pavement Markings
- Controlling your space and why you need a space cushion
- Basic driving maneuvers
- Nature's Laws – Understanding Stopping distances – Thinking Distance, Reaction Time and Braking Distance and how the weather can affect them
- Driving in City Traffic
- Driving on the Interstate and Highways
- Sharing the road with others
- Road Hazards
- Driver Fitness – How to avoid driver fatigue (How improper sleep habits affect your driving ability).
- Alcohol and the affects it will have on you. How to recognize if the other driver is under the influence
- Owning and maintaining a vehicle
- Peer Pressure & Bullying
- We teach you about your rights and the rights of others, while operating a vehicle.
STANDARD OF BEHAVOR
Students are expected to arrive on time and maintain a courteous and respectful attitude. Cheating will not be tolerated. Any student caught cheating will be asked to leave. Cell phones are not permitted to be on during classroom or driving time. Any cell phone usage during this time will result in student's removal from the class without a refund.
Students with hearing, speech or learning disabilities should notify Breaux's Driving School prior to enrolling and will be eligible for alternative teaching and testing techniques.
Completion of any course at Breaux's Driving School does not quarantee that a driver's license will be awarded to a student nor will this course count for any school credit. Students may qualify for a discount on auto insurance premiums. Please contact your agent for details.